All of you social media and blog junkies out there have seen this types of posts a hundred times…”39 things only pale people can relate to,” “You know you watched too much Friends if…” or “13 reasons you know you workout too much” etc.
As I saw blog postings like this run through my feed, I thought it would be a funny idea for our blog. As a member of S.W.E.A.T., I feel like part of a family and only people in that family can relate to certain things. Here are the ones I came up with. If you can think of any others please share them in the comment section or on the Facebook post comment section!
- You use the names Jess 1, Jess 2 and Jess 3 in regular conversation and don’t think it is strange.
- You hear popular songs at a bar and immediately think of the hip hop or Zumba routine that goes with it.
- You find nothing unusual about Jess 1’s multicolored hair and get excited to see what’s next when she posts on Facebook that she is at Sakari.
- It’s not unusual to smell french fries or wings cooking during your workout, although it does make you feel a little sick.
- You never ever park in front of the beer distributor because bad things happen if someone does.
- You don’t even park in front of the beer distributor if you are going into the beer distributor, either out of habit or irritation.
- You are not confused when Jess jumps off the stage in the middle class to kick a floor board back into place.
- You live for the release of the next month’s schedule, to make sure your favorite classes isn’t going to be subbed.
- When you workout at home you hear Jess’s voice in your head… “Muscle is built on the resistance. Slow down.”
- You not only follow S.W.E.A.T.’s studio page but every instructor who has a page and the S.W.E.A.T. motivation page. Because of this, your Facebook feed is FULL of S.W.E.A.T. related posts
- You know what a “Burpee Bonanza” is in R.I.P.P.E.D.
- You know push ups are a given in all TNT classes and have heard Jess’s tips on form a thousand times, but never mind the refresher.
- Anytime you have gone to another gym or fitness studio, you feel the need to confess how you cheated on S.W.E.A.T. to all your gym friends and Jess.
- You have gone to R.I.P.P.E.D. at another gym and walked out feeling like you hardly did anything, because Jess’s R.I.P.P.E.D. is so awesome and intense.
- You have a love hate relationship with Max Burn, R.I.P.P.E.D and/or TNT.
- You look forward to the chaos and challenge that comes with a R.I.P.P.E.D. remix.
- Your non-gym family members and friends always tell you when they have seen the S.W.E.A.T. mobile around town.
- Although it is hilarious, you do not find it weird when you see Alex in a bra, sombrero or some other random piece of clothing while teaching Zumba.
- You are also not phased when Alex refers to himself as Alex 1, even though you know there is no Alex 2 or 3…
- You looked forward to Yoga class because you can’t wait to see what spray Brenda has selected for the end of class.
- You attend all of the extra S.W.E.A.T. events like Mardi Gras parties, fundraisers, discussions etc.
- Your Facebook check-ins have made multiple friends ask you where this S.W.E.A.T. place is and why it is so great. Then of course you go on a 30 minute rant about why they should join you.
- You have that one spot on the floor that is yours. It doesn’t have your name on it but you think everyone knows it’s your spot. Just in case they don’t know, you get to class early and drop your stuff on “your” spot.
- Your Facebook status the day after TNT and/or Max Burn is full of complaints/praises about how sore you are. You often tag the instructor responsible for said pain and several of your gym friends that were shared this class with you.
- You find yourself counting the number of people in your favorite class to make sure it won’t be taken off the schedule. – Deana Gordon
- You know you are in for it when Gina is subbing TNT, Max Burn or Ab circuit, but you secretly can’t wait for the pain that will ensue.
- You find yourself counting with Jess in TNT because she seems to lose count at least once per class and God forbid you would do one more or one less rep than she intended. – Kim McDonnell
- You don’t know what you would do or where you would be with out your S.W.E.A.T. family or the studio. (It probably involves lots a cookies and cakes and little exercise.)
- You can easily add a few items to this list and will leave them in the comments 🙂
Hope you enjoyed! And seriously, if you can think of any fun things to add to this list, let me know! I’ll update it and post who it is from.